Is 2012 the year to make your move? Here are 10 great reasons to make your move to Northgate!
1. The weather — no snow and low humidity! As a girl who grew up in Chicago, this is a beautiful thing. Temperatures in Walnut Creek are mild, generally range from the high 50’s-Low 60’s during Nov-March; and low 70’s-high 80’s in April through October with an occasional heat spell or two during the summer. Two things I have learned to appreciate in the 17 years that I’ve lived in the Bay Area. First, “dry heat” means that you can actually sit in the shade to keep cool, even on very hot days. And second, air conditioning is rarely needed in summer, due to the fact that temperature cool so significantly at night. For more information about Walnut Creek weather, visit: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/94598
2. Blue, sunny skies — need I say more?!
3. Trail Access — Easy access to hiking and bike trails within a five minute walk or bike ride from most homes. The Canal Trail is a popular and scenic trail that runs through the neighborhood and connects with the Iron Horse Trail which leads to downtown Walnut Creek. Hikers and mountain bikers love the extensive, scenic trails in Shell Ridge, Castle Rock or Mount Diablo State Park for the more adventurous.
4. Golf — Boundary Oaks Golf Course is a beautiful, hilltop 18-hole championship golf course with incredible views. They host many event throughout the year, offers a wonderful camp for kids in the summer and was Voted “Best Golf Course of the East Bay 2010 & 2011” By Diablo magazine readers.
5. Fitness and Tennis — Clubsport Valley Vista is an absolute jewel. The club offers tennis, weights, fitness classes and swimming. Click on the link to learn more or call me if you’d like a complimentary pass to experience the facilies. The Sports Basement, located in Ygnacio Valley Shopping Center offers FREE fitness classes and events all year long. Plus, they are a great source for fitness gear and equipment!
6. Swim Clubs — OK, this one took some getting used to. We didn’t have swim clubs in Chicago where I grew up, so this was a whole new world for me. A wonderful place for the kids and to gather with friends and neighbors in the summer. There are three private swim clubs in our community: Rancho San Miguel Swim Club, Scottsdale Swim Club, and Oak Grove Swim and Tennis Club.
7. Education and children’s activities — The Northgate community is home to Walnut Acres Elementary, Foothill Middle School and Northgate High Schools, part of the Mount Diablo Unified School District, all of which are high ranking in Great Schools.net. There are also many high-quality after-school sports and activities available through organizations like Civic Arts Education, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Walnut Creek Little League, Walnut Creek Soccer Club and much more.
8. Shopping and The Arts — Northgate residents are extremely fortunate to live close to downtown Walnut Creek for easy access to Broadway Plaza shopping center, The Lesher Center for the Arts, the Bedford Gallery and of course, many, many fabulous restaurants!
9. Community — The Northgate community is a wonderful mix of neighbors, many of whom are original homeowners from the early 1960’s, live happily side-by-side with neighbors new to the neighborhood who are just starting their families. The warm weather and outdoor lifestyle are conducive to people being out and about talking to neighbors as they take an evening walk.
10. Outdoor Living — Truly, one my favorite things about life in Northgate is living life outdoors. I found my passion for outdoor living 17 years ago when I moved to Walnut Creek from Chicago. Walking, hiking, riding bikes, outdoor dining, BBQs, outdoor kitchens, swimming pools, gardens, patios, hot tubs, fire pits, camping in the backyard and my personal favorite– summer movies in the backyard under the stars.
Find your passion, find your home and find your best life in Northgate. Call me, I’d love to help. (925) 980-3951